Although Thailand does not operate a Data Protection Requirement Policy, Isaan Lawyers will operate Data Protection to Western Standards and Controls.
1. Isaan Lawyers (“we” or “us”) are a data controller for the purposes of
General Data Protection.
2. We will hold personal information about you in connection with the legal work we are
carrying out on your behalf. That might include sensitive information, financial
information, medical information and information about your family and relationships.
3. We will only use your information in connection with the matter with which you have
instructed us and for no other purpose.
4. When you instruct us to act for you, you give us consent to hold and process your
information. Any information that we hold about you will only be shared with third
parties insofar as is necessary for us to comply with your instructions. This will not
involve transferring your data outside of Thailand.
We may be required to share your information where we are permitted to do so in order
to comply with rules imposed by the Thai Bar Association and other Regulatory or Public Governmental Bodies.
We retain all files and personal data for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years.
In the case of instructions relating to Wills, we keep all files for a period of 80 years.
In respect of instructions relating to children, we keep files until the child is 18 years old.
After that period, you may instruct us that you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten
and for us to delete your data.
Disclosure of Data
All Data held is subject to Legal and Professional Privilege and will not be shared or discussed with any third parties without consent, however,
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Isaan Lawyers Co., Ltd. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Isaan Lawyers Co., Ltd. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Siam Legal (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability