Civil Law In Thailand
CIVIL LAW IN THAILAND
Civil law In Thailand is the branch of law that deals with the rights and obligations of individuals, such as personal estate, property, debt, legal act, family and inheritance, etc. It also deals with disputes between individuals and organizations. Civil law is based on written codes that are applied by judges and courts. In contrast, common law is based on precedents and judicial decisions that are binding on lower courts.
Civil law in Thailand cases can involve a wide range of issues, such as:
- Contract disputes
- Property disputes
- Family law matters
- Defamation cases
- Business disputes
Civil law in Thailand is based on the principle of private autonomy, which means that individuals and organizations are free to make their own agreements and contracts. However, civil law also protects the rights of individuals and organizations, and it provides a means for resolving disputes when those rights are violated.
Civil Law Thailand
Isaan Lawyers offers a wide range of civil law services in Thailand. We can help you with all aspects of your case, from filing your initial complaint to representing you in court. Our experienced lawyers can also advise you on your legal rights and options.
Here are some of the specific civil law services that we offer:
- Contract drafting and review: We can help you draft and review contracts of all types, including commercial contracts, employment contracts, and real estate contracts. We can also help you understand the terms of your contracts and ensure that your interests are protected.
- Breach of contract disputes: If you have been a victim of a breach of contract, we can help you pursue your legal rights. We can represent you in negotiations with the other party, and we can also file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
- Property disputes: We can help you resolve a variety of property disputes, including landlord-tenant disputes, boundary disputes, and inheritance disputes. We can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Family law matters: We can help you with a variety of family law matters, such as divorce, child custody, and child support. We can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Defamation cases: If you have been defamed, we can help you pursue a defamation claim against the responsible party. We can represent you in negotiations with the other party, and we can also file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
- Business disputes: We can help you resolve a variety of business disputes, such as shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty disputes, and contract disputes. We can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Pre Dispute Resolution Service: Before you embark on litigation we can provide a dispute resolution service between parties in order to attempt to resolve matters amicably and without the need for litigation. Our experienced team will contact relevant parties by various means in order to communicate and mediate a resolution.
Why Choose Isaan Lawyers?
Isaan Lawyers is a leading civil law firm in Thailand with a proven track record of success. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality legal representation. Our lawyers are experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of civil law. We are also passionate about helping our clients achieve their legal goals.
If you are involved in a civil law dispute in Thailand, contact Isaan Lawyers today. We can help you protect your rights and interests.
Additional Information about Civil Law Thailand
In addition to the specific civil law services listed above, Isaan Lawyers can also help you with a variety of other civil law matters, such as:
- Filing and defending lawsuits in Thai civil courts
- Drafting and negotiating legal documents, such as contracts, wills, and trusts
- Advising you on Thai law and regulations
- Representing you in government and administrative proceedings
Isaan Lawyers is also experienced in handling civil law matters involving foreign nationals and businesses. We can help you navigate the Thai legal system and ensure that your interests are protected.
If you have any questions about civil law in Thailand, or if you need help with a civil law matter, please contact Isaan Lawyers today. We are here to help.
History of Civil Law In Thailand
Civil law in Thailand has strong common law influences. The main source of civil law in Thailand is the Civil and Commercial Code (CCC), which contains provisions on natural persons, juristic persons, things, juristic acts, obligations, contracts, torts, property, family, succession and more. The CCC was enacted in 1925 and has been amended several times since then. The CCC is influenced by the civil codes of European countries, especially the UK, Germany and France, as well as by the ancient Hindu Code of Manu and local customs.
From a law firm’s perspective, civil law in Thailand poses some challenges and opportunities for legal practice. Some of the challenges include:
– The complexity and ambiguity of some provisions in the CCC, which may lead to different interpretations and applications by judges and courts.
– The lack of binding precedents and judicial opinions, which may create uncertainty and inconsistency in the legal system.
– The difficulty of accessing and updating legal information, especially for foreign lawyers who may not be familiar with the Thai language and culture.
That is why it is important to instruct an international law firm like Isaan Lawyers International who understand the Thai laws and systems but importantly what our foreign, expat and overseas clients need.
Some of the opportunities include:
– The diversity and dynamism of the Thai legal market, which offers a variety of legal services and clients across different sectors and industries.
– The increasing demand for legal advice and representation in civil matters, especially in areas such as commercial transactions, foreign investment, intellectual property, consumer protection, family law and inheritance.
– The potential for alternative dispute resolution (ADR), such as arbitration and mediation, which may provide more efficient and cost-effective ways of resolving civil disputes.
– The possibility of legal reform and development, which may improve the quality and accessibility of civil law in Thailand.
What ever your Civil law in Thailand needs or case, contact Isaan Lawyers International who have been representing the needs of Expats and foreign nationals in and out of court in Thailand since 2006.
In Pattaya you can also contact http://www.anglosiamlegal.com