Civil Law Thailand
Civil Law Thailand
Civil law Thailand is a body of law that deals with disputes between individuals and organizations. It is different from criminal law, which deals with crimes against the state. Civil law Thailand cases can involve a wide range of issues, such as:
- Contract disputes
- Property disputes
- Family law matters
- Defamation cases
- Business disputes
Civil law Thailand is based on the principle of private autonomy, which means that individuals and organizations are free to make their own agreements and contracts. However, civil law also protects the rights of individuals and organizations, and it provides a means for resolving disputes when those rights are violated.
Civil Law Thailand
Isaan Lawyers offers a wide range of civil law services in Thailand. We can help you with all aspects of your case, from filing your initial complaint to representing you in court. Our experienced lawyers can also advise you on your legal rights and options.
Here are some of the specific civil law services that we offer:
- Contract drafting and review: We can help you draft and review contracts of all types, including commercial contracts, employment contracts, and real estate contracts. We can also help you understand the terms of your contracts and ensure that your interests are protected.
- Breach of contract disputes: If you have been a victim of a breach of contract, we can help you pursue your legal rights. We can represent you in negotiations with the other party, and we can also file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
- Property disputes: We can help you resolve a variety of property disputes, including landlord-tenant disputes, boundary disputes, and inheritance disputes. We can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Family law matters: We can help you with a variety of family law matters, such as divorce, child custody, and child support. We can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Defamation cases: If you have been defamed, we can help you pursue a defamation claim against the responsible party. We can represent you in negotiations with the other party, and we can also file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
- Business disputes: We can help you resolve a variety of business disputes, such as shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty disputes, and contract disputes. We can also represent you in court if necessary.
- Pre Dispute Resolution Service: Before you embark on litigation we can provide a dispute resolution service between parties in order to attempt to resolve matters amicably and without the need for litigation. Our experienced team will contact relevant parties by various means in order to communicate and mediate a resolution.
Why Choose Isaan Lawyers?
Isaan Lawyers is a leading civil law firm in Thailand with a proven track record of success. We have been assisting and representing clients in such matters since 2006. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality legal representation. Our lawyers are experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of civil law. We are also passionate about helping our clients achieve their legal goals.
If you are involved in a civil law dispute in Thailand, contact Isaan Lawyers today. We can help you protect your rights and interests.
Additional Information about Civil Law Thailand
In addition to the specific civil law services listed above, Isaan Lawyers can also help you with a variety of other civil law matters, such as:
- Filing and defending lawsuits in Thai civil courts
- Drafting and negotiating legal documents, such as contracts, wills, and trusts
- Advising you on Thai law and regulations
- Representing you in government and administrative proceedings
Isaan Lawyers is also experienced in handling civil law matters involving foreign nationals and businesses. We can help you navigate the Thai legal system and ensure that your interests are protected.
If you have any questions about civil law in Thailand, or if you need help with a civil law matter, please contact Isaan Lawyers today. We are here to help.
Contact Us https://isaanlawyers.com/contact-us/
In Pattaya you can contact http://www.anglosiamlegal.com
Criminal Defence In Thailand
Criminal Defense In Thailand
Criminal law in Thailand can be complex and confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the system. If you have been charged with a crime in Thailand, it is important to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to protect your rights and interests.
You have a great deal at stake including your liberty and freedom.
The Thai Criminal Justice System
The Thai criminal justice system is based on a civil law system, which means that it is more focused on compensating the victim of a crime than punishing the offender. The system also has a strong emphasis on mediation and restorative justice.
The Role of a Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal defense lawyers role is an important one our lawyers can assist you at all stages of the criminal process, from the initial investigation to the trial and sentencing. They can help you understand your rights, negotiate with the prosecution, and build a strong defense. Importantly our lawyers speak English and Thai.
Benefits of Hiring a Criminal Defense In Thailand Lawyer From Isaan Lawyers
There are many benefits to hiring a criminal defense lawyer from us, including:
- Legal expertise and knowledge: Our Criminal defense lawyers have extensive knowledge of Thai criminal law and the criminal procedure code and procedure. We have been assisting clients within criminal proceedings since 2006. They can help you understand the charges against you and develop a strong defense case.
- Handling pleadings and court proceedings: Criminal defense lawyers from our criminal team can represent you in all court proceedings, from the initial arraignment to the trial and sentencing. They can also help you negotiate with the prosecution and file any necessary motions.
- Litigation: Our Criminal defense lawyers are experienced criminal law litigators who can represent you in court if your case goes to trial. They can argue your case forcefully and effectively.
- Support during appeal: If you are convicted of a crime, a criminal defense attorney can help you file an appeal. They can also represent you in any appellate proceedings.
How to Choose a Criminal Defense lawyer in Thailand
When choosing a criminal defense in Thailand lawyer , it is important to consider the following factors:
- Experience: Choose an attorney who has experience handling criminal cases in Thailand. Our dedicated team have been representing clients nationwide in criminal matters since 2006.
- Reputation: Choose an attorney with a good reputation in the legal community.
- Communication style: Choose an attorney who you feel comfortable communicating with and who will keep you informed of the progress of your case. Our lawyers, barristers, solicitors and consultants speak English and Thai. Our foreign affairs manager is a British and International lawyer with 35 years experience of criminal law matters domestically and internationally.
- Fees: Discuss the attorney’s fees upfront and make sure you understand the billing arrangement. We can operate a fixed fee or hourly/per visit fee structure.
If you have been charged with a crime in Thailand, it is important to hire a criminal defense in Thailand lawyer to protect your rights and interests from arrest to charge, trial and beyond as the system in Thailand is far different from most western countries. A criminal defense lawyer will help you navigate the complex criminal justice system in Thailand and build a strong defense case to assist you.
This may be useful:
- Thai Criminal Code: The Thai Criminal Code is the primary source of criminal law in Thailand. It contains a list of all criminal offenses and their corresponding punishments.
- Thai laws beyond the Criminal Code: There are other laws in Thailand that can also lead to criminal charges, such as the Immigration Act and the Drug Act.
- Thai criminal justice process: The Thai criminal justice process is divided into three stages: the pre-trial stage, the trial stage, and the post-trial stage.
- Rights of criminal defendants in Thailand: Criminal defendants in Thailand have certain rights, such as the right to an attorney, the right to a fair trial, and the right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment.
The Thai Criminal Justice Process: Pre-Trial Stage
The pre-trial stage of the Thai criminal justice process begins when the police arrest a suspect. The police have 48 hours to interrogate the suspect before they must bring them before a judge. The judge can then order the suspect to be detained for up to 30 days while the investigation continues up to a maximum of 82 days.
During the pre-trial stage, the defendant has the following rights in Thailand:
- The right to remain silent
- The right to a lawyer
- The right to be informed of the charges against them and evidence
- The right to a fair trial
The Thai Criminal Justice Process: The Trial Stage
If the criminal law prosecutor believes that they have enough evidence to convict the defendant, they will file an indictment with the court. The trial will then begin.
During the trial, the criminal prosecution will present their criminal case first. They will then call witnesses and present evidence to support their claims. The defendant will then have the opportunity to present their case. They can call witnesses and present evidence to support their defense.
After both sides have presented their cases, the judge will make a decision. If the judge finds the defendant guilty, they will impose a sentence. If the judge finds the defendant not guilty, they will be acquitted.
During the trial stage, the defendant has the following rights in Thailand:
- The right to a fair trial
- The right to be present at all court proceedings
- The right to confront witnesses
- The right to present evidence
- The right to an attorney
The Thai Criminal Justice Process: Post-Trial Stage
Where a defendant is convicted, they have the right to appeal the conviction. If the appeal is successful, the conviction may be overturned or the sentence may be reduced.
If the defendant is not granted an appeal or if the appeal is unsuccessful, they will begin serving their sentence.
The Rights of Criminal Defendants in Thailand
In addition to the rights listed above, criminal defendants in Thailand also have the following rights in thali Law:
- The right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty
- The right to a speedy trial
- The right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment
- The right to compensation if they are wrongfully convicted
If you have been charged with a crime or offence in Thailand, it is important to contact a criminal defense in Thailand lawyer to discuss your rights and options. Our dedicated team of experienced criminal lawyers are here to assist you every step of the way and help you to navigate the complex criminal law in Thailand system.
Here is some more additional information about the criminal justice process in Thailand:
- Bail: Defendants in Thailand may be granted bail while they are awaiting trial. However, bail is not always granted, and the amount of bail will vary depending on the severity of the charges.
- Plea bargaining: Plea bargaining is not common in Thailand, but it is possible in some cases. If the defendant pleads guilty to a lesser charge, the prosecutor may recommend a lighter sentence.
- Trials by jury: Thailand does not have a jury system. Instead, all trials are conducted before a judge or a panel of judges.
If you have any questions about the Thai criminal justice process or your rights in criminal matters as a criminal defendant, please contact Isaan Lawyers. We are here to help.
When it matters the most can you afford not to seek expert representation.
contact us https://isaanlawyers.com/contact-us/
In Pattaya why not contact our sister firm www.anglosiamlegal.com
Read more here about the penal code and your rights.